Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros Pick: Weidman VS Silva 2

Every UFC PPV Sherdog runs Pros Pick, an article in which pro fighters are polled for their opinion on the outcome of the upcoming PPV's main event.  Jason Dent is a frequent contributor to these polls.

From Sherdog.com:

For one, the rematch represents a shot at validation. For the other, it serves an opportunity to enhance an already historic legacy.

Chris Weidman will defend his Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight crown against former titleholder Anderson Silva in the UFC 168 main event on Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Weidman captured the 185-pound championship a little less than six months ago, when he ended the reign of “The Spider” with a stunning second-round knockout at UFC 162.

Sherdog.com touched base with a number of professional fighters and trainers to gauge their opinions on the UFC 168 headliner:

Jason Dent: Who I want to win and who I think will win is definitely different here. My brains say Weidman while my heart is with Silva. I hope I end up being wrong, but I believe Chris’ wrestling and Brazilian jiu-jitsu skills will be too much for Anderson. When you couple Chris’ ground skills with his heavy hands and willingness to get right in your face, it makes him the worst possible matchup for Anderson. I believe Weidman will find a way to submit Anderson before the fight is over after Anderson gets frustrated by Chris’ takedowns and ground-and-pound. Again, I really hope to be wrong on this pick because I’m a really huge Silva fan.

The rest of the article is HERE

Adapted by: Bob Donaghy



No comments:

Post a Comment